Sunday, June 10, 2007

Prior to taking this class i did not know anything about blogs. I am moving slowly in the age of technology. This is my first blog and i hope by the completion of this class in 5 weeks i will be an expert at blogging. I have been a nurse for a little over 4 years ; this is a second career for me. I formerly worked in the hospitality industry as a food and beverage manager with special emphasis on conventions and banquets. This field was very exciting as a got to meet people from ta wide cross section of society. I did not continue in that field because it is very time consuming and i would have to neglect my family too often. I am a native of the island of Jamaica and migrated to this country 9 years ago.
I am pursuing my MBA in education because i want to become a diabetes educator and teach at a college part time. Based on the readings, i have learned that a blog is an essential tool for sharing information. I consider blogs to be a virtual community where people with similar interest are able to share information. I will be using blogs as my plat form to express my opinions on health policies, to share current research information as it becomes available and to give information on diabetes prevention and management. I hope to get positive feedback as it will help me to better articulate my thoughts.

No comments: